Right to Buy Mortgage Advisor in Leicester
Right to Buy Mortgage Advice in Leicester provided by Leicestermoneyman.com
Are you one of the people in Leicester that lives in a council property? If so, you may have been offered the opportunity to buy your home under the Right to Buy scheme. This means that not only should the buying price be discounted but instead of paying rent each month, you will own your home, paying a mortgage instead.
If you are new to the Right to Buy scheme and would like guidance, come and talk to us.
Right to Buy mortgage advice to buy your council house
Because we are used to dealing with Right to Buy mortgages, we can talk you through the whole process. If you have not yet received paperwork appertaining to the scheme but think that you may qualify, do give your local council a ring and ask them if you can have an application form. Once this is completed, you should receive a Right to Buy offer from them, showing the discounted price of your property. The offer is usually timed with an expiry date so you will need to come and see us in plenty of time before the period ends.
Once you have this, the work can begin from our side. We will provide you with a free mortgage consultation, taking account of your personal details so that we can understand your situation. Once we have done this, the search of the market can begin.
How do I find out if I qualify for a Right to Buy discount?
So that you qualify for the Right to Buy discount, you should have been in your council house or flat for three years. Don’t worry if the period is not a continuous one or you changed houses as this should not matter.
You will not be able to apply for the Right to Buy discount if any of the following apply:
- The property involved is not your main home
- You share facilities i.e. kitchen or bathroom
- You do not have a secure tenancy but an introductory one
- A court order has been issued asking you to vacate
- You are subject to an undischarged bankruptcy
- You have been declared bankrupt
- There are creditors that you owe money to
If your property is a special one i.e. selected housing for the elderly or a specific sector, it will not be accepted.
We can help with everything, including:
- First Time Buyer Mortgage Advice in Leicester
- Home Mover Mortgage Advice in Leicester
- Re-mortgage Advice in Leicester
- Buy to Let Mortgage Advice in Leicester
- Right to Buy Mortgage Advice in Leicester
- Self Employed Mortgages in Leicester
- Specialist Mortgage Advice in Leicester